Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Girl's Bedroom

My room is a curious thing
Not alive
But close enough
To where only I 
am welcomed
Into its peculiar embrace

The walls are a warm
peanut butter
Hiding humming pixies of my 
dreams that
Steal away socks
some of which can be found
Under cool ruffled sheets

Books scatter delicately 
Their wings of hidden 
magic
Fluttering quietly around my
well worn floor
Disappearing only to reappear
Some other cluttered place
Pages worn and yellow
but loved

Then there's a bed
My bed
Where I almost always rule
A squeaky mattress laughing
hoarsely as I erase
a girls eyebrow 
for the seventeenth time

A deluge of pillows 
that are my squishy throne 
Holding my infinitesimal 
dreams as I ponder the secrets of those 
Weird aliens who dare to 
walk outside
My kingdom

And my knicknacks
Chattering across a tight spaced universe
Speaking in foreign tongues of their
travels from mystical
places
Telling me secrets 
as I sift through
much used colored pencils

But sticky hands or stern commands
open that ever stoic door
and the magic
is lost
The whispers stop
The pixies freeze 
My humorous mattress 
Holds its breath

They always leave
though
Eventually
and after a hesitant wait
The magic sparks again
And we breath a sigh of relief

My room is a curious thing
Not alive
But close enough
To where only I 
am welcomed
Into its peculiar embrace


Oh, and then there's the closet...

**Ash**

No comments:

Post a Comment